I believe we can build a world that serves all humanity.
This is a world that would be environmentally sustainable, socially just, and emotionally rewarding for all.
Since every change begins with the individual, here is how I manage my choices.
Mission: Inspire respect for Nature.
If people had respect for Nature, they would conserve resources, avoid pollution, and adopt sustainable systems.
Purpose: Create a sustainable future for humanity.
Our future depends upon building a global economy based upon sustainable systems. There is no alternative if we want to survive.
Strategy: Take photos that show the extraordinary beauty in Nature.
I hope that showing people unexpected, uncommon views of the natural world will change their attitudes toward the environment.
Process: Use these photos in talks and articles.
My talks celebrate the beauty in Nature, teach a bit about birds, and show how our actions matter.
Snowy Egret, Pacific Coast, California
Core Values – Principles
• Purpose – Work toward a vision with intentions and plans.
• Efficiency – Obtain maximum value for time and effort.
• Excellence – Exceed expectations.
• Optimal thinking – Seek solutions that create the most benefit for all.
• Integrity – Tell the truth and do what is right.
• Growth – Seek personal improvement.
• Knowledge – Keep exploring and learning.
• Consistency – Live the message.
• Acceptance – Forgive mistakes.
• Courtesy – Treat everyone with respect.
• Kindness – Respond with kindness.
• Optimism – Find the best in others.
• Freedom – Follow my intentions and plans.
• Mind – Focus on gratitude, optimism, and possibilities.
• Relationships – Stay with those who nurture.
• Security – Set and maintain boundaries.
Business Definitions (An MBA in 30 seconds)
Vision: Your dream for the future.
Mission: Your one, main reason for being alive. Purpose: Why you are striving for your mission. Strategy: How you will implement your mission. Intentions: Outcomes that you want. Process: Actions that support your strategy. Values: Attributes that you consider important. Principles: How you apply your values. Goals: Specific, realistic, measurable milestones. Plans: Actions taken to realize goals.
My Ethics and Business Policies appear on another page. See: Ethics