Photo Class: Nature Photography
Next Photo Class: September 9, 2018, at the Fullerton Arboretum, Fullerton CA, from 1 to 4:00 PM. Details and Register
Goal: Show people how to take better, more memorable photos.
Audience: Beginning to advanced photo enthusiasts.
Focus: Nature photography.
Bonus: The ideas in this class apply to all types of photography.
Content: Tips, tricks, techniques, workflow, strategy, concepts, and over 450 photos (give or take a few). The pace is both fast and friendly. Everything is proven, practical, and doable. Although the focus is on digital photography, the fundamentals apply to any camera.
Time: The class lasts 3 hours, with 10-minute breaks every hour. Other times are possible. Call to discuss how this can fit into your program
Preparation: 1) Write a list of what you want to learn, 2) Send me that list (use the Contact Page on this web site), 3) Bring pen and paper, and 4) Come with an open mind ready to play with possibilities.
Favorite Testimonial: “It’s not easy to hold my attention for three hours. Just ask my Mom, she’ll tell you. But you did it.” (Class attendee, Age 12) – – – See more testimonials: Comments
Fundamental Concepts and Techniques
– What do pros do?
– How people see and why this matters.
– What camera settings do.
– How the camera settings affect a photo.
– How depth of field affects a photo.
– How to take sharper photos.
– Safety for photographers.
How to Use Space
– The Rule of Thirds.
– The Golden Mean.
– Dynamic Symmetry.
– Why what goes where.
– Managing backgrounds.
– Creating backgrounds.
– Managing foregrounds.
– 2 mistakes that ruin a photo.
– The most important part of a wildlife photo.
– How to take photos of flowers on windy days.
– Tips and tricks for taking photos of moving wildlife.
– Simple changes that improve a photo.
– Managing details.
– How to approach wildlife.
– How to photograph movement.
– How to create a sense of scale.
– How to emphasize the subject.
– How to add drama to a subject.
– How to remember where you were.
How to Use Light
– How light helps and hinders.
– How to overcome challenging light situations.
– When manual exposure matters.
– When breaking the rules matters.
– Recommended lighting for birds.
– Recommended lighting for flowers.
– Recommended lighting for landscapes
How to Use Time
– What times of the day result in the best photos.
– What times of the year result in the best photos.
– What unpopular situations result in beautiful photos.
– How else to use time.
– New: Sequences that show what I saw, what I selected, and how I took the photo.
Meet the Birds – Discover how the beauty in nature can change lives
Catch Me If You Can – Learn how to take take photos of Hummingbirds.
See Related Info at:
Meeting Planners, Hello and Welcome – What Clients Can Expect
Teamwork – How We Work Together to Create Success for Both
List of Clients – Who Has Worked With Me
Testimonials – What People Had to Say
Inspiring Presentations by Steve Kaye – What I Do